TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Tsz Shan Monastery

Friday afternoon we got to visit a new monastery in Hong Kong paid for by one of the richest men in Hong Kong. It is closed except for reservations which I had made 4 weeks in advance. 

The reservation system is a little bit of a pain but it was nice because it restricted the number of people there and made the experience nicer because it was quiet. 


Group shot. 

This was a water trough where we collected water in a wooden bowl. We then made a wish and carried the bowl (without spilling it) to make an offering to the statue. 

Carrying the water. 

Hoping my wish comes true. 

After dumping the water, we then had to walk around the statue 1 or 3 times. Natascha and I choose 3 aince





Selfie with the sun in our eyes. 


We didn't know what to expect and the afternoon turned out to be really interesting at the monastery. Such a peaceful and tranquil place. Would be great to have a cup of tea and just relax there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment