TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Zealand - Auckland Before the Tour (2 of 6)

So I did it. I took a 16 day vacation to New Zealand. My first time to NZ. I joined a tour (first time for that too).

I arrived in Auckland a day before the tour started to make sure I got there in time and to have time to explore Auckland. I arrived Saturday morning. I spent Saturday exploring Auckland a bit.

"The White House"... quite the name for an entertainment center... then I realized thanks to a passerby that this is a gentleman's club.

Music festival going on.







Sunday I booked a wine tour on Waiheke Island. It was a small tour of 9 people and we went to 3 wineries. The guide was great to give us tour of the island and the history and info about the island and people that live there.

Waiheke Island  Wine Tours
https://www.waihekeislandwinetours.co.nz/


A little about Waiheke
22 km across island
35 wineries
Population 8,500 to 45,000 after Christmas holiday (summer here)
7 policemen
All houses harness their own water and store in tanks.
 










Little town are with a few shops and restaurants. I had a nice lunch at an Italian restaurant after the wine tour.



Casitas Miro the first winery we visited with a Spanish flare.


Wine and tapas!













Obsedian, the second winery.

Vinyard!

Note a bad place for a wine tasting.












So long Waiheke Island!


Hello Auckland!



No comments:

Post a Comment