TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Zealand Tour Overview (1 of 6)

Whelp, I did it. I  took 16 days off and decided to do a tour in New Zealand.

G Adventures - Highlights of NZ!
https://www.gadventures.com/trips/highlights-of-new-zealand/2437/

A little about New Zealand....

There are 16 different regions. One national government but smaller regions.
NZ is an active volcanic field that could produce new volcano at any time.

4.4 million people
5.5 million cows. Most north island
39 million sheep!!! Read that again... 39 million sheep! Most South Island

Dairy and tourism top industry
Forestry and fishing next.

There are no native mammals in NZ only 1 bat. Only birds, fish and reptiles are native.
Here is the journey I took - only change is we skipped Kaikoura since it was devastated by a recent earthquake.



No comments:

Post a Comment