TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Mumbai, India

So we went to Mumbai, India for a workshop with US and Asia teams.
 
Mumbai (also known as Bombay, the official name until 1995) is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is the most populous city in India and the ninth most populous agglomeration in the world, with an estimated city population of 18.4 million. Along with the neighbouring regions of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, it is one of the most populous urban regions in the world and the seсond most populous metropolitan area in India, with a population of 20.7 million as of 2011. Mumbai lies on the west coast of India and has a deep natural harbour.

 





 This is the sunset along the beach on my drive to the hotel.
 Our hotel, the Trident.

The workshop was 2 full days in a hotel conference room and lots of work and discussion.

The first night of the workshop, our HK boss Amit (below), arranged for India music and dancing evening.




 
  Dancing!




The room's lighting was very red!
 
We all got these fancy Indian outfits to wear as well. Not that nice to look at but comfy.

My boss, Winston, and me.

Simon, Nelson, me and Irene.

We look like 3 Christmas elves!

 Thursday in Mumbai was Natascha's birthday. For lunch we got her a birthday cake!


Dinner was not planned for the larger group so I arranged a smaller birthday dinner outside of the hotel at this really cool restaurant and of course we ate curry.
 


 
The last day of the workshop we did a scavenger hunt around Mumbai to develop teamwork and also see some famous sites in Mumbai.

This was my team. Go Team 3. Carol, me, Richard, Robert and Michael.

Carol and I with the Haji Ali Dargah mosque in the background.


One of the scavanger hunt stops was for strawberries and creme.

Selfie with temple in the background (one of our challenges).

I found a cow! Not hard to do on the street actually.
 


Trying to get a group selfie. My form needs work. And yes, the hats were part of the challenge.


The new Mumbai international airport looks like a space ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment