TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Monday, January 11, 2016

Back in HK

I came back to HK on Dec 30. 

I love some of the Christmas decorations that were still  up especially the knit handle rails and the flying trapeze Santas!




Lunar New Years Eve was spent with good friends, Andy, Donna and Natascha. We dined in Sheung Wan at Shelter Lounge and then visited a whiskey bar. I must admit that we got so caught up in dinner that we missed the fireworks at midnight. But Clare shared her picture with me so you can all see.

Cheers to the New Year!


Natascha and I hiked Black's Link and although there were not any unique pictures along the trail I have to share this one. We found an old WW2 bunker and one of the small doors was open. It was too dark inside to see. So Natascha just put her phone in and took a picture. Here is what she captured. At first it looks like a cane is just magically standing up... until you realize that it's an umbrella!



This past weekend I hiked up to the Peak (up the steep side) and then hiked Stage 1 of the Hong Kong trail which is through Pok Fu Lam Country Park. I am going to work at completing all the stages. I had wanted to do both Stage 1 and Stage 2 but I somehow missed the start of Stage 2 (don't ask) and so couldn't do that. I will try again and pay more attention next time.







A pretty R8 we saw the other day on the street. Niiiiiice ride!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment