TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Jakarta, Indonesia

So last week I made a short notice trip to Jakarta, Indonesia for a factory visit. Two co-workers were making the trip so I jumped on the trip since I didn't want to travel alone.

This was my very first trip to cross the equator! Wow! Welcome to the southern hemisphere.

It was a quick trip. We flew in Tuesday and out Thursday. It is about a 4.5 hour flight from Hong Kong.

We stayed at a nice hotel and didn't venture out. We got to see much of the city from our car rides.

View from hotel room. 




We went to visit one of our factories. I was amazed at the number of motorbikes - almost all employees ride one to work.




Frankie and I in front of the welcome sign.
Three Hasbro folks on the left side and two vendor folks on the right.

After the factory tour our country manager for sourcing took us to a local mall to check out an Indonesia toy store. He is a local so was able to talk to the staff and explain about how well certain things sell and why others may not sell as well.

Frankie, Don and me. Emir (country manager) is taking the photo.

Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia and has over 9.6 million people. 

Outside of the downtown area, the roads reminded us of the southern US with flat green roads and fields.


Banana truck. This made me laugh. They whole truck was full of bananas!


Many areas were very westerns with Burger King, Starbucks, KFC, Gold's Gym, etc.
 
The building of the left I thought was really cool.

Many areas were pretty run down as well and not as western.

Another stamp in my passport!

No comments:

Post a Comment