TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Lamma Island

Friday I joined the Engineering and Technology group on their team outing to Lamma Island. We took a boat to Lamma Island for a delicious seafood lunch at Rainbow Seafood. This was my first trip to Lamma so I was happy to join.



On the way to Lamma we saw a US military boat. Later I learned that this is the USS Germantown.



We landed at Sok Kwu Wan which is on one side of the island. It is a more local area.

Some dishes from lunch.




 Group shot! Of course we have matching team jackets!

  My table. 5 tables in all.









After lunch, some people took the boat back and some decided to hike the island. There is a relatively flat hike from one side of the island to the other side. Yung Shue Wan is the other village and is a more populated village with many Westerners.

View back to Sok Kwu Wan.


Sun setting (to the right is a large ugly power plant)...

  Group who ventured on the hike!

 
A group decided to hike up the big hill to see the windmill.












 Ladies leaping... who said white girls can't jump!
 
 
Halfway through the hike we stopped for bean curd dessert. That is an oxy-moron to mean. Tofu is not dessert no matter how much sauce and sugar you add.

We ended the hike at Yung Shue Wan and had a drink and some appetizers before catching the ferry back to HK Island. No, we didn't get to take the helicopter back...





Overall a great day and I was able to meet many people on the other team.

No comments:

Post a Comment