TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Monday, July 11, 2016

US Visit June 2016 - Los Angeles

I took my summer holiday in June to visit the US. I was in the US for 3 weeks, spending 1 week working in Hasbro office and the other time enjoying time off or traveling between places.

First stop: LA!

I flew from HK to Los Angeles and spent 5 days there. I arrived Wednesday and expored Manhattan Beach before settling into my rental in Santa Monica.







Thursday Carol arrived in Burbank to spend the weekend with me!

Hasbro office - Burbank!

Major task in LA area was to eat as much Mexican as possible. Washed down by margaritas of course.





 Friday we drove to Hollywood and saw

I have star on the Walk of Fame! Only slight editing needed.

If you don't want to have your picture taken don't stand on the street in a Mickey costume.

The Hollywood sign off in the distance.


From Hollywood we drove down Sunset through Beverly Hills, down Rodeo Drive


The Getty is a large amazing museum up on a hillside with great views, architecture, and gardens and oh yeah, there is some great art there too!




Sunset in Santa Monica.

Saturday we spent in Santa Monica checking out the pier and beach.


More Mexican!

On the pier!


Water was cold but we at least put our feet in the Pacific!

Amazing the cliff at the end of the beach with the city up above.

Unique houses along the beach.

Farmer's Market!

Saturday night we went out to dinner and to a comedy show in West Hollywood.

What a great long weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment