TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Gold Shopping

So yesterday I went gold shopping. I took a co-worker with me to help.

I have an employee retiring soon. A traditional gift if a piece of gold. Well, there are so many different kinds and designs that I didn't want to get the wrong thing. Gold, gold gold, animals, symbols, fish, and even an abacus.


And of course, there is a special Star Wars collection... because why not?




So what is a traditional gift for a retirement? Well thankfully my co-worker suggested a sail boat. It symbolizes a smooth journey. She had seen a gold sailboat over the weekend and suggested we find it. And she found that it was under my budget. Double points.



So this is the gift I will give on behalf of the department. It's a surprise so don't tell anyone! :)



A younger colleague said that the gift is very traditional. But he said that isn't what he wants for his retirement - he wants something modern and fun like annual pass to Disneyland! Duly noted.

I will share pictures of the retirement celebration in a few weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment