TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Friday, February 19, 2016

It's that time of year... CNY lunch 1

It's that time of year again... Time for Chinese New Year lunches with vendors. Which means I need to bring out the stretchy clothes. Get ready for a marathon meal!

There are peanuts on table first and of course tea. Lots and lots of tea.

First course... these I can identify. BBQ pork bun and shrimp dumpling.

Then next course... chicken part in top left and some kind of meat below. The right side is a mystery. Pate and something.... just eat. Don't ask.


Then what I think may have been turnip cake on the left and some pastry on the right with slimy thing on top.


Then soup. I missed the picture... so imagine an egg white and green soup. 

SOUP!!!



Then this. So glad that they ensure I don't overdo on my vegetables. Talk about portion control. Fish and 1 piece of broccoli.


Then this.... here you can see the fork and knife used to eat this slimy stuff. Sea cucumber maybe and something else...



Then rice to trigger the end of the main meal.

Then dessert! Ice cream sandwich!



Then end with sago soup.

Thank goodness for stretchy clothes.


Here is where we ate. What a great picture!


More of these traditional lunches next week and the week after... wish me luck and more time at the gym.



No comments:

Post a Comment