TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Justin in HK (Part 1)

So my big brother, Justin, is in HK visiting for Chinese New Year. 

He arrived Thursday at about 3pm and I met him at the airport. We went to my place and then went to local store to buy some food for my apartment. We walked around Central for a while and then went to yakitori for dinner. Yakitori is Japanese grilled skewers mostly chicken at this place. 

Friday we took ferry to TST to see the skyline view and I showed him where my office is.



We had dim sum lunch with friends. Justin got to try a bunch of different dumplings. He avoided the chicken feet though!

We then went to wet market in Wan Chai to show Justin the meat and veggie stands.





We then walked up to a temple and found this cute knit monkey decoration.

We also saw a 3-wheeled vehicle outside one of the car repair shops.

Here we are in front of the temple.


Hong Kong pose!


We found a tub that is perfect for my next place. 





 
Friday evening, we stayed in and picked up New Zealand fish and chips for dinner.

Saturday we ventured to Stanley Market on the south side of HK Island for some shopping and hanging out on the shoreline. We bought some cool things (still need to figure out how to get them back to US).

Saturday evening we ventured to the Victoria Park flower market which is a crazy outdoor market similar to the Big E. Lots of people selling flowers, toys, and infomercial like thing. We could only stay for a short time before it becoming too much for us.
  Saturday night I arrange hot pot dinner with a group of local friends and those visiting.




Sunday we went to Big Buddha. I was happily surprised that the day before CNY was relatively quiet on the cable cars and at the Buddha.



We walked up through the temples that I hadn't visited before. Had some amazing carvings.

We also visited the hall of 10,000 Buddhas.



The cable car back down.


Sunday evening we went to Braza for all you can eat Brazilian meat. Delicious food!


Superbowl Monday morning. Game started here at 7:30 AM so we did Superbowl breakfast. We were invited to a British party and decided to bring our American pride. I wore my Patriots t-shirt (of course). The panda ears are because the ladies like the "Pandas" better than the name "Panthers."

Could have used a little bigger TV,

A Brit made us pancakes and bacon. Delicious!

Andy decided to have American pride so had a flag put across his face. 

Pandas!

This meant it was time to go home...




Will post more later!







No comments:

Post a Comment