TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Justin in HK (Part 2)

Monday evening we went to have Thai food and then took the Star Ferry over to TST to see the parade. We had an okay view but many people in front of us on ground level. I didn't want to get there early to fight for a spot. 

There were people on stilts.

Floats!

Dragons!

Lion dances.


Acrobats!

Mickey and Minnie!


And princesses!



Tuesday we went to the Peak. The tram line was way too long so we took the bus. The weather was gorgeous and is was so clear. What a skyline!

Siblings at the Peak!

I had to take a picture of Justin hunched over on the bus. This place isn't made for tall people.


Tuesday night was fireworks dinner with friends. We forgot a group picture but I remembered to get a photo with my big bro!

CNY Decorations.


Wednesday we went to 10,000 Buddhas in Shatin. It is quite the hike uphill past all the statues.

At the top is a temple.




We had dim sum lunch again since Justin  enjoyed it the first time.

After lunch we went to Nan Lian Gardens in Diamond Hill. I had never been here and was so glad we went to visit. It was a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city.







It was a great day and glad I got to visit some places I hadn't seen before.

Wednesday was last full day with Justin in HK. He departed Thursday afternoon.  :(




No comments:

Post a Comment