TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

HK Rugby Sevens 2015

So the Rugby Sevens is a huge rugby tournament and this year was 40th anniversary for the Hong Kong Sevens. I really wanted to go buy tickets are super expensive and hard to come by if you do. 

Well last Wednesday I got a message that I won a pair of tickets for all three days of the tournament. Yay!!



I actually gave my Friday tickets to a friend who wanted to go and so I could get my homework done.

So I went to the tournament on Saturday and Sunday. The tournament is a mix of rugby and Mardi Gras. People dress up (mostly Saturday but all weekend for others).

Rugby is much more fast paced than American football and pretty exciting. Matches at the Sevens are short. 14 minutes a piece and action packed. 





The South stands are the party area and has a huge line to get in. You must be in costume to get in there. I will admit we avoided that area. We sat in the North Stands and East upper deck. Since there are no assigned seats you just find an available seat (if people haven't reserved them with newspapers for their entire group of friends...)

Go USA!!!







 The ladies!


Did I mention the entertainment? The one and only Village People. Yep we were singing along to Macho Man and YMCA. 


My favorite part of the day.... In between matches they played music and they finally played Sweet Caroline. "SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD!"





As night fell it was really pretty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment