TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Friday, January 9, 2015

Apartment Viewings Day 1

Hong Kong is a fascinating place to view apartments. And I will admit that I only looked in apartments in a very narrow radius of Central, Soho, Sheung Wan and Mid-levels.


It was like the United Nations of  apartment hunting. I had 3 agents with me 3 ladies (2 from Germany and 1 from Singapore) all fluent in Cantonese by the way.




I saw furnished, unfurnished and semi-furnished. I saw glass walls to bedrooms and bathrooms. I saw sliding walls, pocket doors, and no doors.



I saw bathroom sinks located in bedrooms.


I saw rooftop decks with an unstable ladder to get to "better view".




I saw a 5th floor walk up (which really means 6 floors due to the way they count levels). We counted it was 99 stairs from the street level...


I saw one amazing harbor view... but countered with the old interior and ugliest furniture and challenging landlord...






And a red kitchen with built in wine rack that's like it was made for me! And look at those chandeliers!




No comments:

Post a Comment