TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Apartment Viewings Day 2

So Friday was another day of apartment hunting. Another 8 or so apartments were on the schedule including going back to see my top 3 choices. Jared and Lisa joined me late in the day to see my top 3 and offer their insights since they've been here for 2 years.

I found the most uncomfortable couch in the world. Yep that would be an orange hard as a rock "couch" that is worse than a stadium bench. Oh yes, and that is a curtain separating the bedroom... this apartment did have 3 TVs though!





I saw a brand new amazing apartment with terrific views, two balconies and a fancy marble bathroom. However, the apartment was postage stamp size and there was only 1 small closet for all storage. A girl needs more storage that that!




Where are all my shoes going to go??





But this wall would be a conversation piece.


 
Another apartment we saw was in a traditional Chinese building. This was one of the apartment doors. Much luck in this family!









 
This apartment was not close to the location I want to be in but it had an amazing outdoor space. Apartment was 400 square feet, old and run-down but it had 1000 square foot outdoor terrace with grill, table, lounge chairs, etc.

 

We returned to my top 3 favorite:
- Honor Villa  (great location, 2 bedroom, modern, full furnished and view from 2nd bedroom)
- Bella Vista (older apartment lacking furniture, but amazing view from master bedroom and decent location but a little hike to apartment)
-  Foo Kee Court (good location, older building but brand new renovated inside. bedroom was right over a major intersection. and found the illusive western oven)



So today I made my decision and hopefully my agent will be able to secure my new apartment!! Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment