TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Work - The First Week

So I am surviving my first week of work in Hong Kong. It has been an extremely busy week with work events each night and HK Toy Fair going on. Good news is there were a lot of visitors from the US. 

I live on Hong Kong Island and my temporary apartment is 30 minutes from the office. About 15 minutes of walking and 15 minutes on subway (2 trains).  The cool part is my commute is 95% underground due to all the underground tunnels which makes it easier than crossing streets on ground level.

The HFE (Hasbro Far East) office is located on Kowloon side of Hong Kong in Harbour City mall in one of the towers. Here is view when I exit subway station. 



I have to not get distracted by all the stores and shopping and make sure I go to work. 

Our office is currently under renovation which means our space is a little hectic. I currently sit in a conference room with 9 other people (my boss included). The other people are some of the other category leads. They all speak Cantonese so I don't understand most of what is said. I am hoping that after a few weeks I may learn Cantonese by osmosis. Here is our conference room.



In a few weeks my floor will be renovated and then me and my team wil all sit together. I am lookking forward to that. 

Speaking of my team. I have a team of about 30 people. Engineers, designers, project management, quality, planning, costing, and packaging as well as global sourcing. I took my team leads to lunch Wednesday (teams here love lunch just as much as those in RI). Here we are at lunch!! I took them for Italian! Ha!



So as I mentioned this week was busy. Monday night we had an Inventor Expo and Tuesday was Vendor Summit. I met so many new people but I am doing well remembering all the names and faces. Wednesday I took a friend/colleague from US to Temple Street Market and dinner on Knutsford Terrace. Here is a picture from our walk down Nathan Road.



Thursday, tonight, is the Hong Kong/China Annual Dinner. So I am actually writing to you from the bus ride. Will definitely post pictures of the event tonight.

That's all for now. Will write again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment