TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Saturday, January 17, 2015

HFE Annual Dinner (2015)

Every year HFE team has an Annual Dinner to celebrate the previous year. I was lucky enought to be here for the event.

The event is held in China and all HK and China employees are invited. We took an hour bus ride over the border and went to the Hilton Shenzhen. There were over 500 people in attendance. It is a wonderful event and great for all employees to get together and celebrate the year. It is confusing at first because the program is run in 2-3 languages at some times (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin). The theme was back to school so many people dressed in school uniforms.




The menu for the evening. Traditional Chinese meal.


I was very lucky that my team members from Shenzhen office attended so I could meet them. I will be taking a trip to visit them at their office soon. Each team takes a team picture at the event so this is my new Preschool cross-functional team. I am front and my boss, Winston, is to the right of me. What a wonderful team!

 
This is me and a teammate, James, who I have worked with on Nerf before and I am thrilled for him to be a part of my team!


I got to see many colleagues that I used to work with on Nerf and other businesses. Here is Raymond on the left and Kevin on the right.
 


There was a band at the event and many people danced. Both the China and HK teams did performances and there were some great singers!! Here is Casey singing! For those who know him, Wiebe Tinge sang an amazing rendition of "New York, New York" as well!



The head of the HFE office, Amit, gives a speech celebrating the successes of 2014 and it is translated into Chinese on the screen 

 
And here is our senior management team toasting to a wonderful New Year!In attendance was Duncan, Chapman, Leif, Billy, Wiebe, Don Schmitt, Don Marini and many more.


What a great night! Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment