TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Sunday Funday - Hot Pot and End of Year Market


Jared's Aunt and Uncle are in town so we all went out for Hot Pot last night (Sunday). It was my first experience with Hot Pot so was excited to try. It definitely slows you down eating when you have to cook all your own food!


 

















After dinner we had dessert next door at a local place. I miss sweet chocolate desserts so I went for that. However, the mango desserts were really good too. Guess I need to go back! Notice the sheep on my dessert. So cute!




So before Chinese New Year there is a huge market in Victoria Park. I had been told that it was a flower market so I expected a small quiet market with flowers and old ladies. After dinner, Mark, Sarah and I ventured to the market.  I was not prepared for this market. Think "Big E" of Hong Kong. There were booths upon booths of people selling anything and everything. Mostly stuffed animals and balloons but then also cleaning supplies, sushi and cheap toys. And every booth had a microphone and speakers that blared throughout the place. All was in Cantonese so we had no clue what was being said but they were definitely pushing their product. The crowds were out of control.





Bubble maker!!!


Me, Sarah and Mark.





And thankfully, one of the rows of booths actually did have flowers! Amazing beautiful flowers and fruit trees.






And of course, orchids. I actually bought one to take home.







The most adorable balloon animal! It is the year of the sheep!


No comments:

Post a Comment