TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Friday, February 13, 2015

Weekend of Monkeying Around

I forgot to post this last weekend...



So this weekend I was happy for a break.

Friday night I relaxed at home with takeaway pizza and wine while I did a bit of school work.

Saturday morning my shipment from the US arrived and I was super happy. I went and had more drama with HSBC bank trying to open my account. I now have an ATM card but no pin number... partly the fault of my previous apartment who didn't hold my mail as instructed but returned to sender.

After the bank drama, Sarah, Mark and I took the tram (aka ding ding) to Kennedy Town for lunch by the water. We ate at a great little place on the water with a great selection of 90s music. A few drinks and lunch later we ventured back to Central area. They went grocery shopping so I decided to check out the Botanical Garden that is near my house. 





And boy am I glad I did. What a great park and zoo right near me.  Best part... MONKEYS!






Saturday night, Daniela, Rik and I went out for drinks and then ate dinner at Torimen which was a fabulous Japanese yakitori restaurant. I will definitely go back there!

Sunday morning was a filled with unpacking all the treasures. I was like a mini-Christmas waiting to see what I had packed in each box. Clothes! Shoes! Pictures! My Patriots blanket! A flashlight! Woohoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment