TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Superstition - Plum Blossom Tree

So apparently there is another superstition that I must follow.

One must walk 3 times around a plum blossom tree (not cherry), in order to bring luck to their interpersonal relationships. This is especially for those single people!

Sooo as to not miss out on luck, today after lunch Annette, Casey and I made our trek 3 times around the plum blossom tree in the mall seen below.

The more in-depth superstition is that you should be the first person to walk around the tree when it is placed because the tree has the most "fortune" to give at that point. After people have walked around it there is less "fortune" for each person. I wonder if there is a website or app where I can track when plum blossom trees are being placed around Hong Kong.


No comments:

Post a Comment