TRAVEL NOTES

Some people have asked for information on travel itineraries and recommendations for lodging and attractions. I can only share my experiences and the notes from friends but here are my travel notes from places I have been and hope to visit. I will continue to update!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Human Day, the 7th Day of Chinese New Year Festival

Yesterday was The Human Day, the 7th Day of Chinese New Year Festival.

According to Chinese genesis, the goddess with snake body (2852-2738 B.C.) created chicken on the first day of the first lunar month, dog on the 2nd day, sheep on the 3rd day, pig on the 4th day, cow on the 5th day, horse on the 6th and human on the 7th day.
  



The goddess made many human using mud mixed by yellow soil and water. Also she taught human about the marriage; so human can reproduce themselves. Therefore, the 7th lunar day of the year becomes the human's birthday or every man's birthday.
  

Two birthdays in one year??? I really hope this doesn't mean I age twice as fast while living here.


Also, she created the chicken first... does this mean the mystery is solved? It was the chicken before the egg?

No comments:

Post a Comment